Sunday 6 December 2009

Hair work

Yesterday we went to see the crafts fair in Kista. Well, honestly, I wasexpecting to see more artist and more visitors. No, it was not empty, but it was not full either.

But I truly enjoyed talking to those artists who were there. Especially I was amazed by a lady who was making jewerly from human hair. She had absolutely amazing pieces! And she was sitting there and making it all in front of the public. So if you want to have a necklace (or even underwear!!) from the hair of your beloved (dead or alive) - she is the right address



Unfortunately I cannot find her site, but I surely will, and then I will share it with you. But here, I found another blog describing similar technique. Isn't is just amazing? Remember, it is made out of human hair!!




Here you can read more about this technique.


As for me - I bought little ceramic Christmas tree decorations. I will include them (or one of my handmade cellphone chokers) as a tiny little extra gift to every purchase in my shop from now and untill the beginning of January...

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is beautiful!!!
    What an extreme about of work, it must have been really stunning to see in action.

    There's this one artist who does beautiful work too, he creates these human looking dolls (life size) out of materials that resemble wire and human hair...it is eerie but also very amazing to so how talented and creative he is!

    I bookmarked his website ages ago and will try to find it this weekend to share it with you:) I'd love to see the lady's web page too when you get it.

    xoxo,
    Olivia

    p.s. and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete